miércoles, 5 de febrero de 2014

Summer Remembrances

And so I would call his name, his sweet long name, among the trees. I would shout and scream it until, as if from nowhere, he would appear and kiss me on the cheek. Then, we would spend hours in that forest, only sitting on the wet leaves or looking at the clouds and trying to see shapes on them. We would also get on our knees and pray to Goddesses we had just invented, that meant nothing to the world but were all for us.

Some other times we would go down town and enjoy the noise and the dancing and the neon lights like stars on a hard dry sky of concrete and bricks. Those nights, we wouldn't really talk but just enjoy staring at each other's smiles, glowing because of the weird lamps in the discos. Most of the time, knowing he was right beside me was enough to feel at home. I didn't need any superfluous chat.

I would enjoy finding my own reflection in his sea-blue eyes and I knew, even back then, when I was so innocent and so young, that I would never feel happier, safer than between his arms, my face resting on his young, almost childish chest, thinking our love was going to last forever.

No hay comentarios: